Curve, Pa. - Coming off their first road trip of 2012, the Altoona Curve return home on Thursday (April 19) for their second homestand of the season with series against the Richmond Flying Squirrels and Harrisburg Senators. The homestand features two Thirsty Thursdays™ , a Curve Beanie Cap giveaway, and a Saturday postgame fireworks show.
The homestand opens on Thursday night at Peoples Natural Gas Field with the first game of a four-game set against Richmond. Game one against the Flying Squirrels includes a Thirsty Thursday™ with $2 Miller Lite 16 oz. drafts and $1.50 regular-size sodas presented by ROCKY 104.9. First pitch for Thursday's series opener is set for 6:30 p.m.
On Friday, the Curve will greet the first 1,000 fans to the ballpark with a Curve Beanie Cap giveaway for a 6:30 first pitch. Game two against the Double-A affiliate of the San Francisco Giants is also the second T.G.I. Friday's Mug Club Night of the 2012 campaign. The first 250 fans ages 21 and over will receive a mug giveaway when they exit the ballpark after the eighth inning and can head straight to T.G.I. Friday's for the Curve Extra Innings Party where two Curve players will be hanging out for an hour postgame.
Saturday night is the Curve's second Curve, Pa. Blue Out Saturday of the year complete with a Post-Game Fireworks show. Curve players will don blue jerseys and Curve staff members and fans will be encouraged to wear blue to raise awareness and funds in the effort to prevent child abuse. Along with six other minor league clubs in Pennsylvania and in conjunction with Prevent Child Abuse Pennsylvania, the Curve will be raising funds and awareness for the cause during the 2012 season. Saturday night concludes with Post-Game Fireworks, Miracle League Ball Launch, and Kids Running the Bases after tthe evening's 6:00 p.m. game.
The Curve and Squirrels put the wraps on their four-game set with a 1:00 p.m. Sunday series finale. Prior to the game, the Curve will host the first in a series of youth baseball clinics throughout the summer. Sunday is Atlantic Broadband Customer Appreciation Day as well as a Kids' Club Day presented by Galliker's. The Curve will also host their first Community Collection Day in partnership with Skills of Central Pa., Inc. Sunday's event will be a computer recycling drive. Fans can bring their old computers and computer equipment to the ballpark to donate to the effort.
Following an off day Monday, the Curve welcome in the Senators for the first of a three-game series on Tuesday night. The set kicks off with a Two-for-Tuesday presented by Atlantic Broadband during which Curve fans can get two-for-one tickets, hot dogs, and small popcorns. First pitch for the series opener with the Double-A Affiliate of the Washington Nationals is set for 6:30 p.m.
On Wednesday, the Curve turn the night over to baseball's youngest enthusiasts. The second What If Wednesday of 2012 asks the question, "What If Kids Ran The Show?" Kids will take over Peoples Natural Gas Field for the middle game of three against Harrisburg, doing things like taking tickets, serving as ushers, hosting on-field competitions between innings, announcing batters over the public address system, and joining the Curve radio broadcasts. Game two against the Senators is also the second Four-Pack Wednesday of the year presented by WALY 103.9, offering fans four tickets, four hot dogs, and four regular sodas for just $35 for the 6:30 p.m. contest.
The Curve wrap up the homestand with the second Thirsty Thursday of their stay on the 26th. For the final contest of the home swing, 16-ounce Yuengling drafts are just $2, and regular sodas are $1.50 presented by ROCKY 104.9. The series finale is scheduled for a 6:30 p.m. start time.
Below is a full listing of what's happening in Curve, Pa. for the second homestand of 2012:
Thu., April 19 vs. Richmond Flying Squirrels (San Francisco Giants) at 6:30 p.m./gates open: 5:30 p.m.
- Thirsty Thursday - Curve fans can enjoy $2 16 oz. Miller Lite drafts and $1.50 regular sodas thanks to ROCKY 104.9.
Fri., April 20 vs. Richmond Flying Squirrels (San Francisco Giants) at 6:30 p.m./gates open at 5:30 p.m.
- Curve Beanie Cap Giveaway - The first 1,000 fans through the gates for the series opener of four against Richmond receive a Curve Beanie Cap.
- T.G.I. Friday's Curve Mug Club Night - Upon exiting the ballpark from the eighth inning on, the first 250 fans ages 21 and over will receive a special mug giveaway from T.G.I. Friday's
- Kids Run the Bases
Sat., April 21 vs. Richmond Flying Squirrels (San Francisco Giants) at 6:00 p.m./gates open at 5:00 p.m.
- Postgame Fireworks
- Curve, Pa. Blue Out Saturday - The Curve will don blue jerseys at all Saturday home games this year and work to raise awareness and funds in the effort to prevent child abuse in conjunction with Prevent Child Abuse Pennsylvania.
- Kids Run the Bases
Sun., April 22 vs. Richmond Flying Squirrels (San Francisco Giants) at 1:00 p.m./gates open: 12:00 p.m.
- Community Collection Day - Curve fans are encouraged to bring their old computers and computer equipment to be recycled to benefit Skills of Central Pa., Inc.
- Youth Baseball Clinic
- Atlantic Broadband Customer Appreciation Day
- Kids' Club Day presented by Galliker's
- Kids Run the Bases
Tue., April 24 vs. Harrisburg Senators (Washington Nationals) at 6:30 p.m./gates open at 5:30 p.m.
- Two-for-Tuesday - Two tickets, two hot dogs, and two small popcorns are all the price of one presented by Atlantic Broadband.
Wed., April 25, vs. Harrisburg Senators (Washington Nationals) at 6:30 p.m./gates open at 5:30 p.m.
- What If Wednesday: Kids Ran the Show - The Curve turn the ballpark over to kids who will assist in such facets of the game as being ushers, taking tickets, hosting on-field competitions, announcing batters over the public address system, and more.
- WALY Four-Pack Wednesday - Curve fans can purchase four tickets, four hot dogs, and four sodas for just $35.
Thu., April 26 vs. Harrisburg Senators (Washington Nationals) at 6:30 p.m./gates open at 5:30 p.m.
- Thirsty Thursday - Curve fans can enjoy $2 16 oz. Yuengling drafts and $1.50 regular sodas thanks to ROCKY 104.9.